According to Explore Clarion, 18-year-old Alexander Brock Smith was sentenced to two-years probation. He will also be required to complete 200 hours of community service and has his hunting privileges removed for 15 years.
Court documents indicate Smith pleaded guilty to the following charges on Wednesday, May 6:
– Cruelty to Animals, Misdemeanor 2
– Drive Or Disturb Game, Summary 1
– Taking/Possession Of Game Or Wildlife, Summary 2
– Use of Device/Method Prohibited, Summary 4
– Violate Rules, Regulations Game Commission, Summary 5
As a result of the plea agreement, the following charges were dismissed:
– Aggravated Cruelty to Animals – Torture, Felony 3
– Conspiracy – Aggravated Cruelty to Animals – Torture, Felony 3
– Aggravated Cruelty to Animals – Causing SBI or Death, Felony 3
– Conspiracy – Aggravated Cruelty to Animals – Causing SBI or Death, Felony 3
– Corruption of Minors, Misdemeanor 1
– Tamper With/Fabricate Physical Evidence, Misdemeanor 2
The other teen involved was 17 at the time as was charged with the above listed crimes but as a juvenile. The Pennsylvania Game Commission does not release the names of minors who are charged with violations of the state Game and Wildlife Code. No information is available on his case.
I know a lot of people felt the pair deserved jail time and will not be happy with the result.