A jury selection date has been set for the adult teen in the infamous Pennsylvania deer abuse case.
According to Explore Jefferson PA, Jury selection for a trial for 18-year-old Alexander Brock Smith, of Brookville, has been scheduled for Monday, May 11, 2020. It can be assumed the trial would soon follow that date.
Even though a jury date has been set it may end up as a formality because a plea deal could still be reached prior to any possible jury trial.
On 10 January Smith was charged with the following crimes:
– Aggravated Cruelty to Animals – Torture, Felony 3 (two counts)
– Aggravated Cruelty to Animals – Causing SBI or Death, Felony 3 (two counts)
– Corruption of Minors, Misdemeanor 1
– Cruelty to Animals, Misdemeanor 2
– Tamper With/Fabricate Physical Evidence, Misdemeanor 2
– Drive Or Disturb Game, Summary 1
– Taking/Possession Of Game Or Wildlife, Summary 2
– Use of Device/Method Prohibited, Summary 4
– Violate Rules, Regulations Game Commission, Summary 5
We will keep you posted as this story develops.
For a complete recap of the case click HERE