The country has been thrown into chaos trying to limit the impact of the coronavirus pandemic. Governors are closing establishments and people are being asked to distance themselves from each other. The world is like a complete mess.
People are looking for a thing to help prevent infection and ways to limit the spread, and a common hunting tool just might be able to help. Ozonics, the company that makes Scent Crusher, just published a blog about how Ozone kills airborne bacteria and viruses.
“Ozone is the tri-atomic form of oxygen and is a naturally occurring gas. Ozone is harnessed in scent control applications because it bonds to the molecules it contacts, like scent molecules, and destroys them. The process is the same with airborne bacteria and viruses: when the right amount of ozone is deployed for the right amount of time, it destroys the bacteria and viruses it contacts. This includes viruses like COVID-19.“
This is very beneficial since the virus can last for days on surfaces and people will need an effective way to disinfect their house. This could definitely help stop the spread and keep the sickness to a minimum.
“Ozone was used in China during the SARS epidemic and proved 99.22% effective at killing the virus. The COVID-19 virus that we are facing today has a genome sequence that is 80% similar to SARS, so experts, including those at the University of Tennessee, believe that ozone will effectively kill COVID-19 as well.“
Many hunters already have Ozone producing units for scent control and they can easily be used to disinfect rooms. Ozonics details in their blog the process people can use to disinfect their house.
- Make sure to run your unit upside down. You don’t want to impede the ability of the fan to pull in ambient air.
- Remove all people and pets from the enclosed space.
- Seal the room. Close all vents and air ducts and place a towel along the bottom of the door.
- Set up a fan within the room to help circulate the ozone. Circulation creates increased surface area exposure, much like the airflow system of the DriWASH bag.
- Run your HR200, HR230, or HR300 unit on Boost mode and your Orion unit on Hyperboost mode.
- Let the unit run for 30 minutes. Then turn the unit off. Keep all people and pets out of the room for an additional 30 minutes.
- You may still smell some residual ozone. If this bothers your nasal passage or causes a headache, remove yourself, pets, and others from the room for an additional 30 minutes to an hour.
- Move the unit to additional rooms and repeat as necessary.
Hopefully, we can get this thing under control and get back to normal, but until then keep strong and keep vigilant and we will get through this together.